Description: Extensive price list for thousands of authentic items representing history of Soviet Empire from 1917 to 1991 with emphasis on early years and war with Nazi Germany. This is a 15-year service medal. It was obviously a bit of a shock to OP because their initial comments are in denial. reminds me of that one redditor showing off his nazi grandpa's stuff. Crown jewels, or, Gems of literature, art and music being choice selections from the writings and musical productions of the most celebrated authors from the earliest times: comprising gems for the home circle. https://www.reddit.com/r/Pikabu/comments/evk4k8/парень_в_сша_разбирал_вещи_своего_деда_нашёл/. As of October 26, 2020, she is #11 in the UFC women's strawweight rankings. Yeah I think it might just be a fake medal from a flea market and this is all made up. I always kind of assumed he was just a desk worker. He did come around eventually, “I’m letting my emotions cloud my judgment.”. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for RUSSIAN SOVIET MEDAL , ORDER " Special department of the KGB " at the best online prices at eBay! Cookies help us deliver our Services. Awarded for destroying three or more enemy tanks or tank destroyers with a tank destroyer. Halonen's Medal. Press J to jump to the feed. There's a lot of evidence just in this post and that's not counting the other odd things I've found hidden in his house. Erkki Halonen, a sergeant in the Finnish Army and a tank ace, destroyed three T-34, two KV-1, and two ISU-152 with his StuG III in battles during June and July 1944. Not everybody was a directorate S handler, in fact most of them had very boring dayjobs translating Portuguese newspapers and stuff. People tell OP gramps was in the KGB. Overview. One of the comments from op in the thread. The award was established on April 16, 1934, by the Central Executive Committee of the Soviet Union. Later I found out his name got posted in some newspaper and that's what inevitably put him in a more home based job. He worked for Westinghouse on reactors - the op of the thread states it somewhere as a question response. That’s a George Lucas level sentence if I’ve ever heard one, lmao. Herhangi bir sorunuz olursa grupta post açmaktan da, modmail'den yöneticilere ulaşmaktan da çekinmeyin. The targets must be at least two tiers higher than the player's vehicle. Awarded for destroying three or more enemy tanks or tank destroyers with a tank destroyer. 63. In just wondering why spies would receive/bring with them medals. This is what I don't understand about reddit: I'm a sub to r/whatisthisthing, this is the most popular post there in quite a while and yet I saw this post with 21 upvotes but not the original post on whatisthisthing. The targets must be at least two tiers higher than the player's vehicle. Free shipping for many products! Like the actor, Hanna is a native of New York City.. Outside his job, Hanna has a varied range of interests, including boxing, … 1 ranked IBJJF competitor, currently ranked 6th among the female divisions. It is bestowed on an individual by proposition and vote by the KGB High King. Unfortunately, the building quickly began to fall apart and was finally closed for good in 2009. Erkki Halonen, a sergeant in the Finnish Army and a tank ace, destroyed three T-34, two KV-1, and two ISU-152 with his StuG III in battles during June and July 1944. You're calling me unlikable as if I care. She is a former world No. "he couldn't be a spy, he's not cool enough! We feature orders, medals, Ids and other attributes of power. They didn’t get to keep them. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the Intelligence community. etc. ", He's probably laughing it up in the great Gulag in the sky. I believe he has a hold on Trump that makes our President his lap dog. From the courts-martial manual to the right, I would guess he was a JAG attorney in 1951 prior to working on Submarines. Giving them their medal would have been such a gross violation of sound tradecraft. Halonen's Medal. The place where people can come and talk about reddit fights and other dramatic happenings from other subreddits. KGB was responsible for counter-intelligence, i.e. The first recipients of the title originally received only the Order of Lenin, the highest Soviet award, along with a certificate (грамота, gramota) describing the heroic deed from the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. OP is American, and Grampa was working in the US an American, apparently including making nuclear submarine parts. chasing foreign spies and local dissidents. Description: Extensive price list for thousands of authentic items representing history of Soviet Empire from 1917 to 1991 with emphasis on early years and war with Nazi Germany. I want to know what these guys at r/Pikabu are saying: https://www.reddit.com/r/Pikabu/comments/evk4k8/парень_в_сша_разбирал_вещи_своего_деда_нашёл/. /r/whatisthisthing user finds Soviet Medal in grandpa's old book. descriptions of persons, places, and historic events ; masterpieces of dramatic literature. ‘the only exception being the second variant of the medal bestowed by the KGB, which bore the Roman numerals "XX", "XV" or "X" in the lower part of the obverse, between the lower rays of the star’. I'm letting my emotions cloud my Judgment. Those medals look different to me. This is less subredditdrama and more real life drama. Awarded for destroying three or more enemy tanks or tank destroyers with a tank destroyer. The photo on the left has a block just inside the upper left tip of the "V" ending a background line, the photo on the right has no block, just a gradual ending of the background line. HedgeModManager KGB (full English name Committee for State Security), foreign intelligence and domestic security agency of the Soviet Union. this is obviously a bullshit post. Does a situation such as this have any value to current intelligence services being that gramps was working with nuclear sub reactors @ Westinghouse, albeit decades ago? That makes Trump absolutely unacceptable as President, in my belief, and those who support Putin for the Medal of Freedom have no idea what it means to be a true blue American. Close. The targets must be at least two tiers higher than the player's vehicle. Erkki Halonen, a sergeant in the Finnish Army and a tank ace, destroyed three T-34, two KV-1, and two ISU-152 with his StuG III in battles during June and July 1944. But when I talked to my dad turns out this old man I only ever knew sitting on a big comfy chair watching TV made repeated trips to pretty much every Middle Eastern Country. Firstly, it seems like they were a cold war era spy since this is a KGB medal. Sure it's not like anyone can be prosecuted, and a lot of the information supplied to enemies will be out of date, but that isnt to rule out that they could trace something that might have got out. The KGB’s responsibilities also included the protection of the country’s political leadership, the supervision of border troops, and the general surveillance of the population. The Soviet Union placed first in the medal count at all but four Summer and Winter Games held between 1956 to 1988. The son of a Marine colonel, Hanna attended a military school and excelled in football, playing wide receiver. We feature orders, medals, Ids and other attributes of power. Reddit'e yeni gelen KGB'liler veya KGB'ye katılmak isteyip reddit'e yabancı olanların bunu okumasını tavsiye ediyoruz. The hastily-built buildings housed a theater and performance stage. Reddit only shows X to you, cycling them around through the day. Install and manage your mods easily with community-made 1-Click mod downloaders. Do you think the CIA is evil too? By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. choice selections from religious literature. Posts are gone. IN the follow-up, the story seems to be unraveling into Porkie Pies. Browse through our vast collection of Soviet, Russian, and Ukrainian pins for authentic collectibles. If you want to show these are identical, you can't just show similarities, especially similarities that can be photoshopped into one of the photos. Got downvoted to hell for being in denial, but he obviously just found it a little hard to reconcile the old dude he knew with a KGB spy. This Medal is a way for the council to award a soldier for showing the ultimate bravery in a COMBAT situation. How many subs you subscribed to? Seems like a strange career change, but there is probably a lot of paperwork involved in government contracts that would benefit from legal knowledge. I find it hard to believe a Russian spy who has managed to not get caught for so long would be stupid enough to just have this shit in their house unless he turned on them while in the states and started giving information to the government. Agencies of interest: CIA, FSB, KGB, Stasi, Mossad, NSA, NRO, FBI, GCHQ, ASIS, Military Intelligence, Five Eyes, Snowden, Wikileaks, theShadowBrokers, ICIJ, Panama Papers, Paradise Papers, Cambridge Analytica, Palantir, Geopolitics, etc. Based on everything I have read about KGB/GRU operations, they only showed their foreigner spies the medals they earned. EVERYTHING MUST BE IDENTICAL -- and this would be really hard to do. The U.S. and its NATO allies allegedly won the Cold War, but in terms of athletic success, they finished a distant second. He mentioned in a comment that there were other items in the house that made him think twice i hindsight. https://www.reddit.com/user/Im-A-Scared-Child/comments/exjjvc/after_speaking_with_my_family_we_have_decided_to/. ‘the only exception being the second variant of the medal bestowed by the KGB, which bore the Roman numerals "XX", "XV" or "X" in the lower part of the obverse, between the lower rays of the star’ It is bestowed on an individual by proposition and vote by the KGB High King. Awarded for destroying three or more enemy tanks or tank destroyers with a tank destroyer. He's now found a tiny bible written in Russian and a locked suitcase. just what I thought. The Medal is a honor to receive. Feels like 'Russian asset' hypothesis was likely correct. Spies, Intelligence and Espionage News. Whether you're looking to add to your military collection, you're interested in Russian history, looking for an addition to a costume, or just want to spice up an outfit, you're sure to find something unique here. even if he was a spy/informant he was still a great grandpa to me though, Yeah, I feel kinda bad for dude. A kid making up a story for internet points.. Are all posts in that sub locked after they are marked as solved? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_%22For_Impeccable_Service%22. Look at the left top of the "V" in the "XV" at the bottom of the medals. I've been browsing reddit all morning because I couldn't sleep. I always knew my grandfather was CIA, he made no attempt to hide that part of his life. seriously how fucking gullible are all you people? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Soviet Kgb Medal 3 Russian Moscow Red Army Badge , Find Complete Details about Soviet Kgb Medal 3 Russian Moscow Red Army Badge,Soviet Kgb Medal,Army Medal,Red Army Badge from Metal Crafts Supplier or Manufacturer-Pingyang Jiahong Crafts Factory It is bestowed on an individual by proposition and vote by the KGB High Council. The KGB Service Medal. Drama ensues. The ones who actively spied abroad and had to use covers were the GRU. Halonen's Medal. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the SubredditDrama community. My sarcasm aside, this was a medal given to KGB spies who served for decades during the Cold War. The targets must be at least two tiers higher than the player's vehicle. This Medal is the KGB's second highest honor. Shop with confidence. I dunno, i saw the whatsthisthing post this morning before this thread was posted. including a biography of the authors. The KGB Medal of Honor. Halonen's Medal. Erkki Halonen, a sergeant in the Finnish Army and a tank ace, destroyed three T-34, two KV-1, and two ISU-152 with his StuG III in battles during June and July 1944. This Medal is a way for the High King to award a soldier for showing the ultimate bravery in a COMBAT situation. KGB AWARDS - Armed Forces. The KGB Medal Of Valor This Medal is the KGB's second highest honor. They posted the same thread three times at the same time (likely by mistake) and only one picked up traction. It is bestowed on an individual by the CIC in conjunction with the commanding General. Recipients of the Medal are certainly among the elite of Britannia. The KGB High Council Medal Of Valor. You have to expand them, as they're all heavily downvoted. I mean the reality is lots of people at the KGB were, like, filing clerks and archivists and secretaries. This Medal is the KGB's highest honor. Background and characterization. The highest civilian award, the Presidential Medal Of Freedom, was presented by President Donald Trump, this Thursday. Where does it say he worked with the US Govt on nuclear submarine tech? A Candidate must show amazing, almost impossible skill, ability and bravery in a COMBAT situation. From the courts-martial manual to the right, I would guess he was a JAG attorney.... That's funny. Putin is a murderous thug, both as a KGB officer in the old USSR and as the chief executive of Russia. Ordinary commemorative Soviet military medal. From the court martial manual on the right I'd have guessed the OP was full of shit. I think it's around 10-20. It’s not like a medal given as commendation for a heroic or valiant act, but one to recognize the sheer length of time someone devoted to the cause. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I wonder what the legal responsibility is to report discoveries like this. Are you a collector of military pins? He even told me a few stories from his time working there, but always made sure he never went too deep into details. The KGB (Russian: Комитет государственной безопасности (КГБ), tr. Deleted by OP at request of family. You've missed the key element. Halonen's Medal. Press J to jump to the feed. Earn points & medals Buy games with points Unlock 50+ site features Store your mods in one place forever Get notified about new mods [] 1-Click Installers. Find great deals on eBay for soviet kgb medal. so not KGB, but GRU, which makes the story about nuclear secrets more, not less likely. This Medal is the KGB's highest non-military honor. Soldiers that perform service over and above the call of duty in both COMBAT and NON-COMBAT situations. In fact, if you examine the all-time Olympic medal counts, Communist and formerly Communist nations dominate. In that case they wouldn't need to worry about the government finding out they were a spy. I may be misreading this in the wiki article but the numerals indicate KGB. It seems like somebody is going to some lengths to discredit this story. I always knew my grandfather was CIA, he made no attempt to hide that part of his life. I may be misreading this in the wiki article but the numerals indicate KGB. Most of his reply’s are hidden because he downvoted so heavily, but he explains it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/whatisthisthing/comments/ev27m8/i_found_this_award_glued_inside_of_a_book_while/ffsxtlp/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf. I urge everyone to read through the comments in the follow up post for further details. The size was enormous and the city later turned the venue into City Hall. Wouldn’t that stuff be a kind of big liability? Erkki Halonen, a sergeant in the Finnish Army and a tank ace, destroyed three T-34, two KV-1, and two ISU-152 with his StuG III in battles during June and July 1944. When we were cleaning out his basement one day we found multiple pictures of various things, but mostly random people who totally were not aware my grandad was taking pictures of them. Not even as a smoking gun for the CIA, just say his teen kid is goofing around with friends and they find it and show it off. The KGB High Council Guild Service Medal. case officers may have been guilty of laziness or incompetence at times, but they were sticklers for protocol. This picture taken on July 28, 2019 shows two giant Israeli Likud Party election banners hanging from a building showing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu shaking hands with US President Donald Trump (L) and Russian President Vladimir Putin, with a caption above reading in Hebrew “Netanyahu, in another league”, in the coastal Mediterranean city of Tel Aviv. The award ceremony had John Radcliffe, the Director of National Intelligence, and Sen. Lindsay Graham, as witnesses. You should definitely try and find out more about this relative's work including the briefcase which you said is locked! But fair play to the OP; they end up coming to their senses fairly quickly: Yeah you're right. Awarded for destroying three or more enemy tanks or tank destroyers with a tank destroyer. It was given to Lou Holtz, a college football coach. Mackenzie Lynne Dern Santos (born March 24, 1993) is a Brazilian-American professional mixed martial artist and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner. Because they're basically the same thing. But still it would be a ridiculously dumb risk for Russia to have gotten that medal out to him during the Cold War. The only ‘drama’ is the OP going through emotional denial at his grandfather being part of an evil organization, and then acknowledging it and admitting that the other posters were right and apologizing. Soviet/Russian case officers may have been guilty of laziness or incompetence at times, but they were sticklers for protocol. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Please don't compare video game censorship to the holocaust. She is an ADCC and no gi BJJ (black belt) World Champion. He died 4 years ago and anything he did during that time is just is just guesswork. The targets must be at least two tiers higher than the player's vehicle. The medal appears identical to this ebay listing. Secondly, it was clearly meant to be hidden, as it is cut into an 'unsuspecting' book and kept there.
Seymour Duncan Tb-6 Vs Sh-6, Sean Stephenson Family, Urhobo Language Code, Fierce Guardianship Mtggoldfish, 2 Timothy 2:3 Meaning, Anton Rupert Jr, How Far I'll Go Piano Sheet Music With Letters, Homemade Fertilizer For Potted Plants, Mana Wyrm 5e, Dirge Bard 5e,